Have family disharmony or money challenges ever caused you a restless night? Have you pondered your financial future, imagined ‘worst case scenarios’, and felt hopeless? We may not be able to offer family counseling, pandemic predictions, may not have a crystal ball to predict the future, but we can offer solutions for your financial peace of mind. A trust can provide you with means to control your financial future and protect loved ones. They are not just for the rich and famous. In truth trusts are wise tools for anyone who is getting older and wants to protect their home, savings account, and loved ones. If you identify with one of the following categories, you may want to learn more.
- Second (or more) marriage. If you have children from a previous marriage, a trust can provide support for your current spouse during his/her lifetime, and then pass directly to your children – all of them- without any family discord. A trust can help.
- Children’s divorce. Maybe you have a child whose current spouse or significant other is one whom you do not like or trust. You worry that if there is a divorce, the ex would receive half of anything your child has- including the money/assets you have left for them. A trust can help.
- Spendthrift child. Maybe you have a child who is an addict or runs up debt quickly. You do not want to leave anything to that child that will be quickly wasted, but you want to provide for their needs. A trust can help.
- Disabled child or elderly parent. You may have a child with special needs or a disability who will need care after you are gone. How can you be sure their needs are met? Maybe you have a parent who needs assistance, and you want to support them in case you pass first. A trust can help.
- You are getting older. No one wants to dwell on the reality of what the last ten years of the golden years will look like. No one dreams of going to an assisted living facility or nursing home. Yet, if we are continuing to be blessed with birthdays, a nursing home could become reality. Are you prepared for you or a spouse to afford such an eventuality? A trust can help.
If you identify with any of the above characters, we can design a trust for you that will give you and your family security and peace of mind. A trust can even be designed for each of the above needs in one package. You can retain as much control as is needed, protect your life’s work, and protect those you love even after you are gone.
For more information, contact our Lebanon, TN office at 615-444-3568 and schedule your appointment today.